Rishika Sen is a Senior Research Fellow in the Machine Intelligence Unit of Indian Statistical Institute at Kolkata, working with Dr. Rajat Kumar De. She is looking for a challenging position in Bioinformatics with a focus on research and development.
Senior Research Fellow since 2016 at Machine Intelligence Unit. Research focus on using machine learning techniques to solve problems including:
- Prediction of perturbation in biochemical pathways by toxins.
- Novel over-sampling algorithm to improve classification of effector proteins.
- A novel model for prediction of perturbation in gene regulatory networks.
Junior Research Fellow (2014 – 2016) at Machine Intelligence Unit:
- Developing a predictive model for classification of effector proteins.
- Reviewing the current state of the art for the classification and prediction of host pathogen interactions.
Rishika Sen, Somnath Tagore, Rajat Kumar De. “ASAPP: Architectural Similarity-based Automated Pathway Prediction System and its Application in Host-Pathogen Interactions.” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, (2018) doi: 10.1109/TCBB.2018.2872527.
Rishika Sen, Losiana Nayak, and Rajat Kumar De. "A review on host–pathogen interactions: classification and prediction." European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases 35.10 (2016): 1581-1599, doi: 10.1007/s10096-016-2716-7.
Posters and Presentations:
Rishika Sen, Losiana Nayak, and Rajat Kumar De. "Classification, Prediction and Analysis of Type VI Secreted Effector Proteins". Advanced Lecture Course - Molecular Mechanisms of Host-Pathogens Interactions and Virulence in Human Fungal Pathogens, University of Aberdeen, Nice, France. (2017)
Rishika Sen, Losiana Nayak, and Rajat Kumar De. "Signature Pattern Mining of Type VI effector Proteins". EMBO Global Exchange Lecture Course: Malaria Genomics and Public Health. (2017) DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.15231.61601
Mar 2014 – present: Pursuing a PhD in Computer Science, Machine Intelligence Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, under the supervision of Dr Rajat Kumar De.
2012 – 2014: MSc in Computer and Information Science, College of Science and Technology, University of Calcutta. University rank 9, 75.83% (First Class).
2009 – 2012: BSc (Hons) in Computer Science, Bethune College, University of Calcutta. University rank 6, 74.625% (First Class).
2009: Higher Secondary (ISC) from Calcutta Girls' High School, 90.25%
2007: Secondary School (ICSE) from Calcutta Girls' High School, 90%
- Kolkata Guide. (2012): an application to help navigate in Kolkata, Bethune College, Kolkata.
- Transport Management Website: (2013): using HTML, PHP, CSS, and MySQL; University of Calcutta.
- Any Guess (2013): A guessing game using Java Swing, University of Calcutta.
- Image Processing (2013): filtering and Averaging methods used to remove noise from an image. Developed using Java Swing. University of Calcutta.
- Deployment of Web Services (2014): using IIS server, University of Calcutta.
PhD: Data and File Structures, Computer Organization, Database Management Systems, Neural Networks, Operating Systems.
MSc: Advanced Computer Architecture, Database Management Systems, Data Structures, Data Communications, Computer Networks, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Computer Graphics and Image Processing, Software Engineering, Object oriented Systems, Automata Theory and Compiler Design, Internet and Multimedia Technology, Advanced Operating System, Soft Computing, Information Security.
Languages: C, C++, Matlab, R, Python, PHP, HTML, SQL.
Servers: Oracle 10g, MySQL, WAMP.
Proficient in: English, Bengali, Hindi.
Honors and Awards:
- Rank 6 in BSc(Honours) Computer Science in The University Of Calcutta Mar 2013, University Of Calcutta
- First Class First In Computer Science Honours in BSc Part 2 Jan 2013, Department of Computer Science,Bethune College
- Kamalini Sharma Memorial Prize: First Class First BSc(Honours) Computer Science In Bethune College Jan 2013, Bethune College
- Special Staff Prize: For securing First Class in Bsc Honours Examination Jan 2013, Department of Computer Science, Bethune College
- First Class First In Computer Science Honours in BSc Part 1 Jan 2011, Department of Computer Science,Bethune College
- Certificate of Merit:For securing an overall percentage of 87.28%(above 85%) in ICSE(Class 10) Aug 2007, Calcutta Girls' High School
Indian Science Congress (2013).